We are making some changes to ScholarPack logins and the Active status for users.
These changes enhance security, as there is one less task for you to remember to do when removing staff access to ScholarPack in future.
When are the changes?
These changes will come into effect on the 8th February 2024, so it's important to check access before this date.
What is changing?
Currently, the Active or Inactive field on staff profiles does not impact whether a staff member is able to log in.
- Staff can log in as long as they have been given a login.
- As long as they have a login, they can log in if they are Active or Inactive.
On staff profiles, there is a field called SP Logon. This is set to Yes if the staff member has a login and can log in.
After the 8th February, staff that are set as Inactive, even if they have a login, will not be able to log in. Staff must both have a login and be set to Active to be able to log in.
This means that to remove access you no longer need to both change the staff member to Inactive and remove their login. You can simply change them to Inactive. This is useful if they will be returning at a later date, as you won't need to give them a new username and password.
The field on staff profiles will be renamed to Can log on to ScholarPack? and will be set to Yes if the staff member both has a login and is Active. It will be set to No if the staff member:
- Does not have a login and is Inactive - screenshot 1
- Does not have a login and is Active - screenshot 2
- Has a login and is Inactive - screenshot 3
What do we need to do?
Check your access
You will need to make sure that you will be able to log in after the 8th February. If not, you will see a pop up on your homepage when you log in.
Check your staff member's access
You will need to make sure that your staff who should be able to log in can still log in after the 8th February.
To do this, you can use the ScholarPack Users report. It will show you all staff who have a login, plus whether they can actually log in because they are set as Active or not.
If staff appear in your report, but have No in the end column, it means they are currently set as Inactive.
Give access where needed
If staff are missing from the report but should have a login, you can add a login for them.
If staff have access now but won't from the 8th February, you can set them as Active.
After the 8th February
After the 8th February, only Active staff will be able to log in.
If you find that staff have a login, and are set as Active, but cannot log in:
- Check their settings using these troubleshooting tips: Unable to log in to ScholarPack
- Try changing their password or changing their username manually.
- Get in touch. If your school is supported by ScholarPack directly, click the 'Contact Us' button in the top right of the Help Centre. If your school uses a Support Partner, please contact them. Click their name in the top right of your ScholarPack above the search box, for their contact details.