URN/DFE Establishment Number changes are often needed as part of events such as academisation, school merges, LA merges and closures/reopens.
Changing one or both of these is easy with ScholarPack, our team can make any of the changes needed for your school to smoothly make the change; we just need a few details to get started.
In order to change your URN your headteacher will need to complete the following steps:
- Visit https://support.scholarpack.com/hc/en-gb
- Click the "Sign in" button in the top right
- If you have a ScholarPack support account with us you are free to sign into this
- If you do not have a ScholarPack support account, create one by clicking the "Sign up" button:
- Be sure to create or login to an account tied to your school domain (for example firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once you're logged in, click on the "Submit a request" button in the top right
- Please note, if you are not logged in whilst submitting the form, you will be asked to reconfirm the process whilst signed in
- Select "Change Requests" and then "URN/DFE Establishment Number Change" under the requests type and fill in the required details
Please note that we cannot process these requests via email, chat or telephone and they must be submitted via the method above, and this request must be requested by the headteacher.
Please note that a URN or DFE Establishment Number change, once processed, is final, and care must be paid to ensure the correct details are provided as well as to read the below information as we cannot revert any changes once made.
A few things to be aware of once if the DFE Establishment Number changes:
(These are only if the DFE Establishment Number is changed and do not affect URN only changes)
- Entry dates for students will be changed to the date this changes apply. This follows DFE guidance outlined here, in particular:
- "Where a new school opens with a new establishment number all pupils are given a new entry date (the day that they start at the new school) and consequently any historical exclusions and attendance data from predecessor school is not returned for the new establishment."
- School histories will be added with the previous school name as the last attended school. You can view this in the Ancillary tab of the Student Profile
- If any current student is then off rolled, the new school details will be recorded in the school histories
- If the DFE Establishment Number change date is not the start of the academic year, then attendance history summarising the sessions present and absent (authorised/unauthorised) will show from the start of the academic year to the date of DFE Establishment Number change.
- The attendance marks data for the students prior to the DFE Establishment Number change date will become hidden in the front-end as your school has become a new establishment. Attendance summary (sessions present and absent, authorised or unauthorised) can be viewed for the students in the attendance history in the students profile. Therefore, any attendance report ran will not include attendance marks (herringbone) for these students prior to the DFE Establishment Number change date.
Keeping you in the know about your data
Due to the changes in the system, you may wish to print off a few reports before entry dates of pupils are changed. We would recommend running reports such as the ones below to ensure there is full attendance data for you to analyse historically. These can be found in Reporting>Reports>Attendance tab.
- Historic Attendance Comparison - select as many available cohorts as possible at the top before running.
- Custom Attendance Report - selecting ‘Group Student By’ for each option in turn if required.
- Student Attendance Report (Bulk) - You can run this for all students, either by year, form or individual. Please note, this summary will not be available on the student profiles once the students entry date has changed.