Here you'll find instructions on how to use features in ScholarPack in relation to the current COVID-19 situation.
We are working hard to optimise the system to help our schools during this time and any additions to the system will be detailed below.
- Bubble Registers in the Daily check area. You can now see which registers have been taken by Bubble group in the Daily Check area (if taken in Home > Register). It will display 'No Codes' if the register is not taken, and display the number of students present once taken.
Update 02/06/2020 - Attendance Codes & Registers
The Department for Education (DfE) has provided guidance on recording attendance in school registers from 1st June 2020 (to view, click here). They have confirmed that Summer Term attendance will not be required for the October 2020 Census.
- We have created Attendance Code Subcategories to assist with your record keeping and DfE reporting. For full information on recording attendance, including use of the X code (not required in school), from 1st June 2020, click here.
Teachers can take the register using the new codes, as long as the register is set up to Show All Codes (for guidance on Register Config click here). The new codes can also be applied in Daily Check and Manage Register.
The new Covid-19 Attendance Figures report displays attendance data in each category required for the DfE educational setting status form. This is to save you time and effort. Click here for details.
The Meals reports can now be split by Covid-19 Bubble, e.g. the Kitchen List can be grouped by Bubble instead of Form.
- The Custom Attendance Report can now by grouped by Covid-19 Bubble and the option added to include the X code as authorised absences.
Update 22/05/20 - Covid-19 Teaching Bubbles
- We have released new functionality around Teaching Bubbles. This will allow you to take registers for these Bubbles, send SMS or emails to specific groups of parents and run reports. Please click here for more information and guidance.
- The DfE has published guidance on recording attendance. Schools should stop taking their normal attendance registers and follow the latest guidance published here. From a ScholarPack perspective, schools should mark from 23rd March until schools reopen on 1st June as a school closure (# code). Please click here for guidance on how to do this.
Key workers and vulnerable pupils
- Seven new fields have been added to the Student Profile's extended tab - 'Child of Keyworker', 'Vulnerable Child', 'On an EHCP during COVID-19', 'Temporary Free School Meals during COVID-19' and 'COVID-19 Bubble'. Click here for guidance on how to record this information in ScholarPack.
- The new COVID-19 report has been added so schools can quickly report on the above fields. The fields can also be used when creating a Custom Report. Click here for more detail.
- Children of Key Workers, Vulnerable Children and those attending school during COVID-19 school closure have been added as dynamic groups. You can use these groups in reports, Comms and in the Manage Register Area.
Communicating with parents
You can send a text message or email to those parents of students who have been recorded as the child of a key worker, vulnerable child or a child marked as attending during COVID-19 . Click here for guidance.
Recording & Managing Pupil Attendance (prior to school closures)
We have made several updates to help and support schools manage student attendance.
- The ScholarPack dashboard now shows overall attendance for the last five days, including the Y code, so you can quickly see the overall % of students actually in school.
- Teachers can now assign the Y code when taking the register. Click here for guidance on how to turn this option on.
- The Y code can now be counted as an absence in the Custom Attendance Report. Click here for guidance on how to use this report.