Step 1 - Download the assessment template
- Download the assessment template from 'Admin -> Students -> Assessment Import' and open with Excel.
- When opening you will be prompted to enable macros or not. Please select ‘Enable Macros’. This will help with validating your data entry before passing it back to us.
Step 2 - Prepare the workbook for data entry
Once you have opened the assessment template you will see a sheet for data entry. Each tab besides ‘Steps Mapping’ corresponds to a subject abbreviation. The defaults are REA, WRI and MAT (reading, writing and maths respectively).
- If you wish to add assessment for other subjects copy one of the existing subject sheets.
- The name of the new sheet should be the respective subject abbreviation - SCI is for science for example.
- If you are unsure of the subject abbreviation, in ScholarPack go to Admin -> Config -> Core Setup -> Subjects to find these out.
ScholarPack displays assessment data in the ‘steps’ format. If you are going to fill out the assessment template with steps then you can skip this stage.
In order for us to be able to import your assessment data we need to know what your assessment format equates to in steps. Therefore if you are using your own assessment format you must complete the ‘Steps Mapping’ sheet.
- There are two columns in the ‘Steps Mapping’ sheet. The steps column, which you must not alter, and the mapping column.
- In the mapping column you need to enter each of your assessment formats next to the respective step.
- If you have multiple values that correspond to the same step, then fill out the column to the right with second value. This can be done for as many values as needed, as long as each value is entered in a cell parallel to the respective step.
- If you are using exceeding steps (Eg: 1X1, 1X2, 3X1, etc) the corresponding mapping data should be entered only within the year group. For example, if you want to map 3S+ to the step 3X1, then in Step - 3 Data Entry, the mapping value 3S+ should be mapped only for assessing the year 3 (i.e Year_3_BaseLine, Year_3_Checkpoint_1, Year_3_Checkpoint_2, Year_3_Checkpoint_3, Year_3_Checkpoint_4, Year_3_Checkpoint_5, Year_3_Checkpoint_6).
- Once you have completed the mapping tab you are ready to fill out the subject sheets.
Step 3 - Data entry
Once you have completed the mapping you will be ready to enter the assessment data.
We recommend to generate the custom report in ScholarPack to copy and paste a list of students and UPN to the required subject sheets. ( Reporting > Reports > Custom Reports (Blue) > Choose All Students or year group and form group as required > Select only Current students > Select UPN > Select order students by Year and Surname > Click Choose )
- Please ensure there is only one row for each student.
- Check that the UPN field is populated for every student otherwise their data will not get imported.
- For data entry the column headings represent the students curriculum year group at the time of assessment and the checkpoint for when they were assessed (E.g. Year 1 Autumn 2).
- Please do not add or modify any of the column headings, otherwise we will not be able to import the data.
Step 4 - Validation
The final stage before submitting your assessment template for import is to validate the data. In the upper left hand corner of each sheet is a validation button. Clicking this will highlight in red any cells that are not correctly mapped. Please correct these before submitting the assessment template or we will not be able to import your data.
Finally please double check the summative assessment submission checklist before submitting.