In order to enter Early Years Foundation Stage statutory assessment data please go to Admin > Students > Statutory Assessment > Early Years Foundation Stage.
If you don't have access to Admin and your school has it set up, please go via Workspace > Statutory Assessment instead. For guidance see: Update Settings so Teachers can enter Statutory Assessment Data
If you are using an external assessment software package (e.g. Insight) for your statutory assessments, and plan on uploading the results into ScholarPack via a CTF, then please do not enter your marks into ScholarPack as outlined below.
If you enter your marks here then upload a CTF, this will result in duplicate marks for your students.
If you choose to enter the EYFS statutory marks directly into ScholarPack, then do not subsequently upload a CTF with the assessment marks.
- In this area on the left hand side you have the option to select the components you wish to mark against.
To select multiple components, hold down the CTRL key or CMD key if you are on a MAC, then click on the components
The components in orange are the 17 Early Learning assessment areas (ELGs).
Only select the first 17 assessment areas, as the grey assessments beneath these are for the pre-2021 EYFS curriculum.
- Once the components are selected you would enter the result date and year you wish the marks to be assigned against.
Please be advised the result year is the year the students took the test not the academic year.
- You then have some options for the Table Format you require:
'For data entry' allows you to enter the data.
'Grid with data' shows the data entered already and you then have an option to print the results here if required.
'Blank grid' can be used if you wish to print off the table and enter the data manually before entering it on the system.
- Enter the curriculum year that the students are in - in most instances this will be 0 or Reception however if you are entering this for previous years you should select the year the student is in now.
If you have more than one form group per year you can also choose to view this by class to enter the data separately for each group, if you don't select this it will show the whole year.
- Click the tick box to show only former students if you have any off roll students you need to enter data for, this will only show off roll students so you will need to untick this box and then click choose for the on roll students.
- Once you select choose you will have a list of all students in the requested year group and can start entering the data.
- In this area you have a bulk fill option to aid you in entering the data quickly.
Bulk fill all with no result to EXPECTED - If this is selected, any student without a mark will be assigned a 2 "expected", you can then fill in the other results as required.
- Once the data has been entered please ensure to save at the bottom of the page before navigating away.
What results can I enter?
EYF Statutory Assessments only have the options for 1, 2 or A (there is no Exceeding mark).
1 - Emerging
2 - Expected
A - Would be used where a child:
- has not been assessed due to long periods of absence, such as a prolonged illness
- has attended the provision for an insufficient amount of time for the teacher to make an adequate assessment before the profile submission deadline
- has an exemption