In order to enter KS1 teacher assessment data please go to Admin > Students > Statutory Assessment
If you don't have access to Admin and your school has it set up, please go via Workspace > Statutory Assessment instead. For guidance see: Update Settings so Teachers can enter Statutory Assessment Data
Then select End of Key Stage 1 from the dropdown.
KS1 Teacher Assessments
- In this area on the left hand side you have the option to select the components you wish to mark against.
To select multiple components, hold down the CTRL key or CMD key if you are on a MAC, then click on the components
The components in orange are the Teacher Assessments.
- Once the components are selected you can enter the result date and year you wish the marks to be assigned against.
Please be advised the 'Result Year' is the year the students took the test not the academic year.
For guidance on entering historic data please refer to:
- You then have some options for the Table Format you require:
'For data entry' allows you to enter the data.
'Grid with data' shows the data entered already and you then have an option to print the results here if required.
'Blank grid' can be used if you wish to print off the table and enter the data manually before entering it on the system.
- Enter the curriculum year that the students are in - in most instances this will be Year 2.
If you have more than one form per year you can also choose to view this by class to enter the data separately for each group, if you don't select this it will show the whole year group.
- Click the tick box to show only former students if you have any off roll students you need to enter data for, this will only show off roll students so you will need to untick this box and then click choose for the on roll students.
- Once you select "Choose" you will have a list of all students in the requested year group and you can start entering the data by clicking the drop down arrow and selecting a result (see below for the codes).
When the data has been entered please ensure to click "Save" at the bottom of the page before navigating away.
KS1 Teacher Assessment Codes
For students who are engaged in subject-specific study but working below the standard of national curriculum assessments you would use the pre-key stage standards.
Those students not engaged in subject-specific study at the end of KS1 will need to be recorded as EM (Engagement Model).
For more information please refer to:
For the DfE (Department for Education) guidance on EM please click here.