This query relates to the information entered in the class details area of the census. To check and amend this go to Admin > Census > Spring > Class Details.
In this area you are looking at the details for classes that show at the top of the page. If the ratio is greater than 30 for a reception or KS1 class you will need to enter exceptions. To do this click the little pencil in the actions column at the end of the class you need to edit.
You will then see the options to enter the number of students against each exception category along with the number of exceptions to allocate.
The exceptions are as follows:
- Exception A - children admitted outside the normal admissions round with EHC plan specifying a school
- Exception B - looked after children and previously looked after children admitted outside the normal admissions
- Exception C - children admitted, after initial allocation of places, because of a procedural error in the original application process
- Exception D - children admitted after an independent appeals panel upholds an appeal
- Exception E - children who move into the area outside the normal admissions round
- Exception F - children of UK service personnel admitted outside the normal admissions round
Exception G - children whose twin or sibling from a multiple birth is admitted otherwise than as an excepted pupil
- Exception H - children with special educational needs who attend some infant classes within the mainstream school
Once you have updated the class details ensure to click the little tick in the action to save: