Qualified teacher status (QTS) is a legal requirement to teach in many English schools and considered desirable for teachers in the majority of schools in England.
Schools in England where teachers can be employed without QTS include academies, free schools and private schools.
Please refer to the DfE guidance here:
Your Workforce Census summary shows 'Number of staff records with no QTS indicator' in table B: Missing staff details.
How to Resolve
- Check for a staff member with the Post held of Support Staff (SUP) in their contract - this is an old post type and no longer in use, so will need changing to 'Teaching Assistant' or 'Other Support Staff' as appropriate.
- To check this you can go to Admin > Personnel > Staff Group Updater
- For the Staff Attribute, type in 'Post' then select it from the list and click Choose
*You may also wish to include inactive staff contracts by ticking the 'Include inactive staff' box
- A table of results will be displayed, showing what post staff members currently have in their contracts. If any have 'SUP' they need updating.
- To update, select the staff member you wish to change, then from the drop down box at the top of the table select which post you want to change them to.
- Click 'Update Staff' at the bottom to save.
- You could also run the staff contracts report found via Reporting > Reports > Staff (tab)
- Filter the QTS column for 'No' by typing in the white box under the header then press enter on your keyboard
- Have a look through the list and check if any staff members should have QTS that currently don't.