This is an optional data item introduced from spring 2023 which records for each school (except nursery), the total compulsory time pupils spend in school, in a typical 5 day week.
Where provided, this must be recorded to 2 decimal places.
- Example: where a school is open for 32 and a half hours, this is recorded as 32.50.
- Example: where a school is open for 32 and three-quarter hours this is recorded as 32.75.
- This includes the total time each day from the official start of the compulsory school day (morning registration) to when the compulsory school day ends, (official home time).
- This figure will be inclusive of breaks, as these form part of the total compulsory school day, however it will not include optional activities either before or after school.
- The data entered should be representative for pupils aged 5 to 16 in the school.
- The DfE recognise some schools have different school weeks for different pupils or key stages. In these circumstances, schools should report a middle year group, for example, national curriculum year 3 in primary or national curriculum year 9 in secondary schools.
- For all other schools such as all-through schools or middle schools, you should use a middle year group or age group, which represents an average week in your school.
To update in ScholarPack
This is done via the relevant school census page in Admin > Census.
Find School Time in the table and click on the 'School Time' button
The next page will display as shown below -
Enter a figure and press Save.
Once hours have been entered and saved the page will display as shown below: