This error may show if you have used the X attendance code on a student who is compulsory school age.
This is because the X code should only be used for students who are not of statutory age. Please refer to: List of Register Attendance Codes
How to Resolve
If an X code (or any X sub-codes e.g. X01) has been used for a student(s), you'll need to amend the mark to one of the other attendance codes that is not X (or any X sub-codes).
- To see which students have an X code go to Reporting > Reports > Attendance (tab) > Code Count Report.
- Set the date range for the current academic year
- Select the X code from the dropdown and click Choose to view a list of any students with X codes in their attendance.
- Click on the students name to be taken to the attendance tab of their profile
- Under 'Weekly Breakdown' click on Manage Register to view all codes recorded for this student this academic year.
*Right click on the image below and select 'Open image in new tab' to enlarge
- Scroll along to the right and find any X codes.
- To amend them just click on the code and select a code to change it to.