What does the report display?
The report is used to show prospective form groups for the next academic year, as well as students' current academic year and form group.
It is to be used before completing the academic Year End procedure to show which year groups and form groups students pupils will be assigned to after the current year ends and the new academic year begins.
Once the Year End procedure has taken place, you would then use the Current Form Groups report to ensure all students are in the correct year and form.
During the year end process (Admin>Config>Year End) you are asked to update the prospective year group and prospective form group for your pupils.
This is where students are promoted up a year and put into their new pastoral groupings. The Year End procedure provides links which take you to a bulk student updater where you can set these new years and forms.
Once set in here, this report shows you the children's current year and form group alongside their new groups for the forthcoming year.
This is a useful report to give form tutors in preparation a list of their pupils for the next academic year.
How do I filter this report?
The filters available when running this report are:
- Group You select the year the student is currently in.
- You can select between current, future and former students.
- Click the column headers to sort the data by that column (by alphabetical, numerical or chronological order, according to the data). If holding Shift you may apply this function to further columns.
- Click the Bin icon (above column header) to delete a column.
- Use the filter box (test entry field below column header) to filter the data using specific criteria in that category. Click into a filter box then hover over it with your mouse for a full list of operators that can be used.
Exporting your data allows you to print, save, or further edit the information on screen. To do so, click this icon (in the top-right corner):
Clicking on the student's surname takes you to their student profile
Names highlighted in red represent the students who are no longer on roll
The star on the report identifies a Favourite report. Click on the star to add or remove it from the Favourites area of the reports panel.